Friday, September 4, 2015

The Rosary

  I’m sure it would not come as a surprise to you if I told you I love prayer.  I love lots of different prayers,  I like to try different  styles of prayer.  I like praying in different locations. I just like being with God.   My favorite prayer, though, is the Rosary.  The Rosary inspires me like no other prayer.  To me, it’s not about repeating the Hail Mary over and over.  It’s more like calling out Mary’s name and then asking her to tell me all about Her Son.  What mother doesn’t like talking about their child?  As I slide my fingers from one bead to the next, it’s almost as if I hear Mary whisper, “Come, love my Son.”
  
  There are so many good books dedicated to praying the Rosary.  I believe that’s because there is always something new to learn about Our Lord. I would definitely encourage you to read a guided meditation if you are new to praying the Rosary.

  A few years back, my parents had the amazing idea to gather everyone in the family together once a month to pray the Rosary.  Our “Rosary Parties”  usually include some good food, fun, and an opportunity to socialize.  Somewhere in the middle of each party we spend 15 minutes praying for ourselves, our friends, and our family.  It has always been my parent’s dream to spread their devotion to Mary and the Rosary to their children, their grandchildren, and now even the great-grandchildren.  I would like to share with you some of my own Rosary meditations that have been a part of these parties with the hope that you hear Mary’s loving whispers as well.


-Susan