Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Every Day Miracles




 One of my coworkers shared this image with me.  This image appeared at her aunt's church in Marietta, Georgia just before Christmas of last year.  I was amazed when I saw this image of Mary just behind a Marian statue.  I love miracles!  I am a big believer in every day miracles.  I think God spoils us with little miracles all the time, but we often give the credit to "luck" instead, or being at the right place at the right time.  I wonder why that is?  Why is it easier to believe that you are a lucky person,  rather than a person blessed by a God who loves you?
  I remember a moment at the end of one my first years of teaching catechism.  It had been one of those hectic weeks, where everything ended up occurring the same week.  I remember asking my husband to entertain our kids so I could finish preparing for my class.  My husband (who was a little crabby that day)  said, "Why do you fuss so much over your lesson plans, do you really think your students even care?" 
 I have to admit, I was a bit hurt by his words. I shrugged my shoulders and wondered for a minute and then said, "Yes, I happen to think someone does care."
  When my students came to class that night, one student handed me a beautiful bouquet of flowers and another student gave me a box of chocolates.  I was very touched.  I felt like the hand of God came to my class that night and said, "Thank you for fussing over me, I really do care,"
  I believe God is always speaking to us, we just don't actually give Him the credit.  Do I believe that image is Mary in the window?  You bet.  Mary is the perfect model of discipleship.  I bet God smiles every time He thinks of Mary, and He can't help but share that love with all of us.

-Susan

I have included the following websites if you are interested in reading more about the image of Mary.