Monday, October 17, 2016

Who Are You Following?

Something to think about:
Who are you following? No, I don't mean on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook, who do you let influence and guide your decisions? When asked this question, do you think about who you model yourself after with the way you look or dress? What about the way you act? Do you follow the actions of others because it seems popular? Is there something more to life than being popular, esteemed, or successful? What about holy?
  How come no one ever says, "When I grow up I want to be holy.  I want to be pleasing in the eyes of God?"  I wonder why that is?  Is the idea to old school in our ever changing, fast paced, technological world?
 Who should we be following? I really like the footprints of Jesus, the Nazarene.  He is never too busy to talk to me, He never calls me stupid for making mistakes, and He has this great way of redirecting my gaze away from the mirror and the reflections of the world, and into the thoughts and desires of the Father.  I guess one of the scariest things about following someone, is where you may end up.  A path of holiness is not glamorous or easy, but the destination is heavenly.  There's one thing I have discovered, though, footprints disappear after a time.  That is why you must follow very closely, don't take to long deciding who you wish to follow.


-Theresa