Friday, September 25, 2015

Jesus I Am Ready

  It's been pretty exciting having Pope Francis visit the United States.  Like many others, I wish I had been able to be at some of those events.  I have been fortunate to have celebrated masses with both Pope John Paul II and Pope Benedict XVI.  There is definitely something very special about being in crowds of people so charged up about their faith and wishing to see the Vicar of Christ.  I wish we could all experience this enthusiasm more often.  Wouldn’t it be awesome if people brought that same attitude to mass each weekend?  Imagine everyone putting everything on hold so that they could celebrate mass.  Getting up extra early so they could get a good seat.  Listening attentively to the gospel message, homily and then actively discussing it’s meaning.  What if we all took “selfies” in front of the church so all are friends would know where we were and how important our faith is to us. What if we told others that our faith in Jesus Christ is very exciting-it’s life changing! 
  It has been such a blessing to have Pope Francis share his love of faith.  He is not just proclaiming the gospel, he is living it!  I hope his visit inspires all of us to do the same and to draw closer to Christ.  Let’s not view Pope Francis’ visit as just another important historical moment, instead let this be the moment in your history that changes YOU.  The moment you decided that passively knowing your faith wasn’t enough anymore, the moment you stepped into the light of Christ and said, “Jesus I am ready.  Actively use me to bring your words of love to those I meet and change the world around me!”

  Can I get an Amen?

-Susan