Friday, March 24, 2017

Forgiveness- A Lent Challenge


When I think of Lent, I like to think about it as a time of challenging ourselves, wich in turn makes our faith grow stronger. Whether you are giving something up, or trying something new to live by Jesus' example, your opening yourself up to becoming more Holy. I've noticed among a lot of my peers that sometimes people don't know how to prepare their hearts during Lent. Giving up special treats or donating extra hours to help the Church just isn't enough for them. For these people, and for everyone really, I challenge you to forgive this Lent. How can your heart be pure to celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus if it is full of hatefulness and grudges. Forgive those who have wronged you, and find peace in moving on. Open your heart up to Joy by truly living the beautiful life God has created for you to the fullest. If you do so, you are one step closer in following the footsteps of Christ.

-Theresa