Friday, December 30, 2016

Vacationing With God #11- San Fernando Cathedral, San Antonio, Texas

  I wanted to share with you my experience at the San Fernando Cathedral in San Antonio, Texas.  I had traveled there in early December.  The Cathedral was beautiful inside and out, and I'm sure I will be sharing many of the interior pictures in the future.  Today, though, I wanted to share what occurred outside the cathedral.  Projected on the facade of the cathedral was an approximate 24 minute projection mapping show demonstrating the rich history of San Antonio.  It was a stunning visual delight as the cathedral changed from one scene to the next perfectly accompanied by music.  The show itself was not "spiritual", but it demonstrated the struggles and victories that this cathedral and it's parishioners had witnessed since 1750.  Through the joys and sorrows of life, God is always in our midst.                                                             

This is the San Fernando Cathedral before the show begins.

Let the show begin...






-Susan