Saturday, April 2, 2016

The Path of Holiness

  


  I was in the bookstore today and I noticed a book describing the holiest places on earth to visit.  Of course I had to pick it up and skim through the pretty pages.  I wondered what makes a certain location more holy than another?  
  I think the holiest places have more to do with our journey towards God and less with the geographical location.  We have just spent the last week with Jesus in the Upper Room, the Garden of  Gethsemane, Calvary, and the tomb where Jesus was buried and rose on Easter morning.  Although I have never physically visited any of these places, the spiritual journey of walking with Jesus during these events is definitely a path of holiness.  I also believe the steps I take towards Holy Communion and Reconciliation are very holy paths.  What steps do you take to bring you closer to Christ?
  This Sunday I hope you choose to continue to walk with Jesus and celebrate His great mercy.  Jesus said to St. Faustina, "I desire that the whole world know My infinite mercy.  I desire to grant unimaginable graces to those souls who trust in my mercy."  (Diary: Divine Mercy in My Soul).  "My dearest secretary, write that I want to pour out My divine life into human souls and sanctify them, if only they were willing to accept my grace."

-Susan