Thursday, April 28, 2016

Feeling Renewed


  Today is a special day for me.  Today I will be renewing my Consecration to Mary.  It is also the feast day of St. Louis De Montfort.  I mention this, because it was through the readings of St. Louis De Montfort, that I was inspired to give my heart to Mary.  I am so happy to be a hand servant of Mary!  I find myself constantly turning to Mary for help and guidance. 

 I would like to share with you my own personal prayer that I pray every day to Mary:

  "Mary I long to be closer to you. I wish to honor and love you the way you truly deserve. I place myself, my family, and all that we own into your hands. Guide us, teach us, protect us, and show us your ways. Give us the graces we need each day to be an instrument of the Lord's mercy.   As I consecrate myself to Jesus, through you Mary, I beg that you deepen and enrich this devotion. Help me so that I may not fail.  Strengthen this desire to love you more.  Help me to be completely dependent upon you. I love you."

  Since my consecration,  I have come across an excellent book for anyone who is interested in consecrating themselves to Mary. It is called "33 Days to Morning Glory" by Michael E. Gaitley.  It includes the teachings of St. Louis De Montfort, St. Maximilian Kolbe,  Blessed Mother Theresa, and St. John Paul II.  I use this book to help me prepare in renewing my consecration each year.  I would highly recommend it.

Have a wonderful and blessed day!
Susan