Monday, April 4, 2016

Mercy Rules!

  I am excited to share with you that I consecrated myself to Divine Mercy on Divine Mercy Sunday following the example of St. Therese of Lisieux!  My preparation centered around the book "33 Days to Merciful Love" by Father Michael E. Gaily, MIC.  I am eager to begin this new path or "Little Way" as St. Therese, herself, would describe it.
  As I was talking to my son about my consecration, I said, "I wonder what plans God may have for me?.......I really don't know......but I know what my response will be. 'Put me in coach, I'm ready to play, today' (You have to imagine me singing the song "Centerfield" by John Fogerty and then I changed the next line to:  Look at me, I could be, your hands of mercy!)  As I sang and danced around the kitchen my son shook his head and said, "That's cool, Mom, but please just stop singing."  I know he thought I was embarrassing myself, but I couldn't help it, I was filled with joy!
  I realize I'm just a small member of the team.  I'm not one of the heavy hitters, but that's okay with me.  I'm just happy to be part of the team!  I'm just going to keep practicing the ways of "Merciful Love" and trust in God's game plan.  Yes, I am looking forward to a winning season where mercy rules.  And, it is my understanding, that there are plenty of open positions, so please consider joining the team.



-Susan