Tuesday, April 26, 2016

My Favorite Love Stories


   Hollywood has made millions of dollars with love stories that touch our hearts,  making us long for a similar relationship.  Often the couple falls romantically in love, endures some type of hardship,  and then come to the realization that they would do whatever was necessary to stay together.  I have to admit,  I enjoy a good love story.  The world looks brighter through the eyes of love.
  Some of my favorite love stories are those of the saints.  When I read their words of love for our Lord, it touches my heart, and I yearn for that same loving relationship. Their love seems to endure trial after trial as they keep their loving eyes on God.   I would like to share a few of the many great scenes of love, hoping that it inspires you as well.

"My Jesus, you are my hope, my salvation, my strength, my joy.  I want you to be my Love: the only one I think about, the only one I desire, the only one I adore."      St. Alphonsus Liguori

After receiving holy Communion just before his death St. Phillip Neri said, "Here is my Love!"

"God loves each of us as if there were only of us."

"To fall in love with God is the greatest romance, to seek Him the greatest adventure, to find Him the greatest human achievement."
        St. Augustine

"Our Lord frequently told me that I should keep a secluded place for Him in my heart where He would teach me how to love Him."

    St. Margaret Mary Alacoque



-Susan