Thursday, March 17, 2016

Vacationing with God #6- Chicago, Illinois




  Old St. Patrick’s Church

My family and I love catching the Sunday mass at Old St. Patrick's Church whenever we visit downtown Chicago.  This beautiful Celtic church built in the mid 1800's boasts of Irish charm and magnificent stained glass windows.  However, even though this church is ornately beautiful, the true beauty of the church can be found in it's members.  The music ministers are very talented, the parishioners friendly, and the priests are very welcoming.   When you come to mass at Old St. Pat's you don't feel like a visitor,  you feel very much at home.  I imagine that is exactly how St. Patrick would want you to feel.  Please be sure to include Old St. Pat's the next time you visit Chicago.


Happy St. Patrick's Day!
-Susan


"I bind myself today, -
To the power of God to guide me,
The might of God to uphold me,
The wisdom of God to teach me,
The eye of God to watch over me,
The ear of God to bear me,
The Word of God to speak for me,
The hand of God to protect me,
The way of God to lie before me,
The shield of God to shelter me,
The host of God to defend me"

 -St. Patrick