Thursday, March 24, 2016

Holy Thursday




One year ago....
  I entered church for mass on Holy Thursday and sat in my usual area.   Once I sat down I felt a wave of excitement come over me. I love Holy Thursday mass!  With my eyes closed I began to thank Jesus for His gift of the Eucharist and prepared my heart to receive Him.  As always I implored the Virgin Mary's help with St. Louis DeMontfort's prayer  "Lend me your heart, dear Mary, that I may receive Jesus with the same disposition as you would." 
  It wasn't long before mass began.  It was as wonderful as always with the traditional washing of the feet.  Somehow the Eucharistic prayers are just more beautiful on Holy Thursday.  It is as if the Holy Spirit heightens your desire and love for Jesus.  After I received my Lord and Savior, the cantor began to sing one of my favorite songs, "How Beautiful"  written by Ann Wilson and Twila Paris.  "How beautiful is the Body of Christ" and I am completely overwhelmed that Jesus sacrificed His life for me.  (If you are not familiar with this song, I word encourage you to listen to it over the next few days.)
  There is something very special about Holy Thursday mass, please join in the celebration today.  Let's all unite ourselves with Christ around His table of love.

-Susan