Friday, March 25, 2016

Good Friday

  

Gina woke up early Good Friday morning.  She picked up her Rosary and knelt beside her bed.  "The Sorrowful Mysteries, in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit...."  Gina prayed that Mary would help her draw closer to Jesus today.  As she slid her fingers from one bead to the next, Mary quietly came to sit next to Gina as she prayed.  Though Gina never saw Mary, nor heard her voice, she listened to Mary with her heart.
  "Gina take my hand and let's walk down the Via Delorosa.  I wish for you to begin to understand  the depths of God's love and mercy for you.  As my Son walked this path to His death, He suffered tremendously both physically and emotionally.  He saw in some hearts the very best of people and sadly he experienced in others how painfully ugly sin can really be.  The physical and verbal abuse came as crushing blows to my Son.  I had but an instant to look into His eyes after He had fallen from the weight of the cross.  But sometimes you only need a minute for Him to gaze upon you, penetrate your soul, and reveal God's Plan.  I had but an instant to say, 'I love you.  Let God's Will be done,' before they dragged us away from each other.  I did not hear Him speak again until He was hanging from His cross.  Every word He said is engraved in my heart forever.  If you wish to grow closer to My Son, spend time with Him on His Cross.  Meditate on His final words.  What do His words mean to you?.........
  When the guard thrust his sword into my son's side piercing His Sacred Heart, I witnessed the blood and water flow forth.  This is when God's great mercy flowed forth from the very depths of His heart. His divine mercy is for you and for everyone. Thank God everyday for this great gift and tell others about His mercy."
  Gina's fingers came full circle back to the crucifix.  Reverently she kissed the crucifix and said, "In the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.  Amen.  Thank you, Mary."