Friday, August 26, 2016

Good Reads


  Have you ever had one of those moments where you are reading a bible story that you have read many times in the past, and all of a sudden you discover something new that you never thought about before?  That happens to me a lot, and I think it's a good thing.  I think God enjoys slowly revealing Himself to us.  Speaking for myself, I  know I am not the brightest, but I have a great desire to learn more about God.  I often beg the Holy Spirit to help me understand things.  I may not be walking as fast as others toward heaven, but I am walking forward, and I look forward to all the little secrets God still has to share with me.  I love our little moments together when I smile and say, "How come you never told me that before?"  
  And I imagine God smiling back and saying, "Yes, I did, maybe you were too young to understand."  
  You know, I'm really looking forward to growing older with God.  I never tire of His company, and I never tire of His stories.

-Susan