Wednesday, August 31, 2016

A Powerful Weapon




  I am very excited for the canonization of Mother Theresa on September 4th.  I came across this quote and it made me smile.  It also made me wonder.   How many of you have a personal prayer book?  I would strongly recommend beginning one if you don't have one.  I have a few to be honest.  I have a book where I jot down my personal prayers or prayers that touch my heart.  I also have a folder on my iPad and one on my computer filled with inspirational quotes, pictures, and prayers.  For me, prayer is the most beautiful part of my life.  It allows me to see the splendor of God, feel the warmth of His love, and at times, offers me a shoulder to cry on.  As I have stated before, I am not the brightest, but prayer aids me to understand things I could not on my own.
  Prayer is definitely a powerful weapon.  I use it to fight despair, to overcome my selfish thoughts, and to strengthen my desires to grow closer to Christ.  To the eyes of the world, my prayer book may seem trifle and worn, but to me, it is the key which reminds my heart to "do everything for the glory of God."  I love my prayer books, and I would have loved reading Blessed Mother Theresa of Calcutta's pray books.

-Susan