Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Searching For God's Graces




  Pokemon Go has become an overnight sensation.  (This hot new app encourages the player to physically walk around their neighborhood looking and catching Pokemon.)  I haven't seen this many kids outside in my neighborhood in a long time.  I have to admit my kids have caught a few Pokemon in our house, our yard, and in our pool.  Were they always there and we just couldn't see them without this new app?  Of course this got me to thinking....
  What if there was an app that could detect God's graces.  Just imagine walking around your house and neighborhood and being able to see all the graces God has bestowed upon you.  Do you think you would be so amazed that you would continue looking everywhere for more grace?  I know my church, like many others, is a "Poke stop" where you can get free Poke balls, eggs, potions and other items. I noticed many kids hanging out in the parking lot to gather these free items.  And although I love to see more youth at church, I wish they would actually come inside the church.  I want to tell them that they could gain so many graces from God if they just spent that same amount of time in front of the Blessed Sacrament.  The graces received here are not just a fad, they are special gifts from God.  These graces can soften an unforgiving heart, heal a heart that is hurting, strengthen your faith and willingness to follow God, refresh a soul that is tired, enlighten someone who is confused, or fill your heart and mind with eternal bliss.
  Imagine how different life might be if we actually could "see" God pouring His Divine love into our soul. Do you think there would be a long reconciliation line because everyone was talking about all the graces they had captured when talking with the priest?  Would people be piling into the church  so that they could reach the next spiritual level?  And would we all fall to our knees and praise God endlessly if we actually saw the graces He bestowed upon us during Holy Communion?
  I don't know about you, but I am setting out for my own quest.  I will be searching for the grace of God in the people I meet and the places I go.  I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised throughout the day, and I hope I run into you doing the same!

May God fill you with His abundant graces!

-Susan