Friday, July 22, 2016

100% Committed- part 2

(This is a continuation of the story 100% Committed posted on 7/19/2016)

  As we went outside, we all tried to head in a different direction.  I decided to cross the street and head towards the grocery store at the end of the street.  As I walked I tried to think of all the blessings in my life starting from my early childhood.  I thought first of my parents and siblings, and then my grandparents.  I thought about all the wonderful moments we had shared and how those moments had influenced many of my life choices.  I thought about the many friends I have had throughout my life, and how God had surrounded me with some very good people.  Of course, I could not forget about my husband and kids.  Being a wife and mother had changed, challenged, and transformed me to become a better person.  I probably could have spent the entire day trying to count all the blessings we had shared as a family.
  Next, I tried to remember when I first learned about God, and how blessed I had been to have people willing to share their faith with me.  As I continued my thoughts, I caught my reflection in the window of a parked car and noticed I was smiling.  Perhaps I was beginning to find my inner joy.  Had you asked me earlier this morning if I had felt blessed, I probably would have just shrugged my shoulders up and down and said, " umm...I guess."  But the truth of the matter, is that I had been blessed so many times in my life and in so many ways.  I wonder why I never spent much time thinking about it?
  As I stepped inside the grocery store, I mentally reminded myself, "God loves me and He has blessed me.  I am filled with the joy of God's love."  I knew as I stepped into the store I was stepping out of my comfort zone and into new territory.  "How exactly do you share God's joy with others?"  
  I remembered Sister Clara's words, "I want you to smile and radiate God's love to others."
  "Okay, here goes," I thought to myself.  As I walked up and down the aisles I just smiled at people and said, "Hello." And I found that people returned my smile and greeted me as well.  It felt pretty good and I could feel my inner joy getting stronger. I was about halfway through the store when I glanced at my watch and realized I needed to head back to the gym.  By this time I was feeling pumped with joy and decided that I could easily jog back and make it in time.  As I got closer to the gym I could see Sister Clara smiling and talking with everyone.  Amazingly, everyone seemed to be  a little more friendlier and at ease now. 
  After a few more minutes of talking Sister Clara announced, "Okay, I need everyone to follow me back into the gym for our next exercise."

(to be continued...)