Thursday, February 4, 2016

A New Chapter

    I was going through a difficult time in my life when I walked into the religious bookstore that day.  I had been praying to Jesus about a particular problem and I was searching for answers.  In my prayers I had asked Jesus to help me to understand.  As I looked around the bookstore my heart felt heavy with a familiar wave of pain and I prayed to Jesus for guidance.  It was then me eyes saw the book of St. Therese and somehow I just knew my prayer had been answered.  Many years later, I can see that day as a very pivotal moment in my life. There are some books that you read and you know your life will never be the same.  The autobiography of St. Therese of Lisieux- The Story of a Soul began a new chapter in my life.  I was amazed at how St. Therese loved Jesus with such reverence and intimacy.  It had a tremendous effect on me.
  I was thumbing through this book again recently when I came across the beginnings of one of the chapters.  In describing her own life St. Therese said:

 "I did not deserve the graces heaven showered on me.  I had many faults.  It's true that I longed to be good, but I had an odd way of going about it."

  I thought this quote could be a good place to start some mid-week conversation with Jesus.  Take a look at your life and ask Jesus if He thinks your life is going His Way.

-Susan