Saturday, February 20, 2016

A Cry for Help

  It was late in the afternoon when I began my trip across town.  As I was walking I discovered a shortcut between two buildings.  The corridor seemed a little dim, but I wasn't worried because I felt very confident this would get me where I wanted to go a little faster.  I was surprised when the corridor veered slightly to the left.  For a moment I was confused and wondered if I should turn around.  I was in a hurry, though, and I kept on going.  A few strides later, the corridor took me down a couple of steps leading to another corridor.  I had a strange feeling this wasn't right, but I quickly pushed aside the thought because I really didn't have the time to rethink this whole journey.  I continued walking at a quick pace feeling a little lost when I accidentally lost my footing.  I fell to my knees and realized I was hurt and couldn't continue.  
  In my heart I knew I never should have come this way.  What was I even thinking?  I cried out, "Help, I need some help!"  I looked around and suddenly noticed a  door that was slightly ajar.  I could see there was a light on in the room.  I had a good feeling that if I could just mange to get to the room, I could find someone to help me.  I hobbled over, pushed the door open, and stepped inside.
  "Hello, is anyone here?"  I asked.  I looked around the room.  It was quite beautiful.  The ceiling had several sky lights which allowed the sun to fill the room.  In the center of the room was a large six foot tall fountain.  It's water gently cascaded down filling a large, glittering basin.
  "Hello," said a man with a warm smile.
  "Hi, I need some help.  I tripped and I'm in a lot of pain.  I'm not really even sure where I am right now, but I need help getting home."  I said with desperation.
  "Well I thought that was the case when I heard you yell out for help.  That's why I opened the door for you.  I was really hoping you would find your way back to me."
  "I'm sorry, what?  You look familiar to me.   Do I know you? "
  "I thought you would have recognized me.  We used to be pretty close, but you've been going your own way for a while now and I guess you don't recognize me anymore.  I'm God."
  Suddenly my eyes were opened and I just shook my head.  "I'm so sorry.  I can't believe I chose to walk away from you.  Can you forgive me?"
  "Yes,  I forgive you.  Come over here next to the fountain so I can pour my merciful graces upon you.  My child I desire to heal you and strengthen you.  Do not let sin come between us.  I love you and I want a life of goodness for you.  I want us to always be close."
  "I really want that, too.  Help me, please."
  "Your sins are forgiven, go and sin no more."
  As God spoke these words I felt completely healed.  "God thank you for healing me and showing me the way back to you.  Can I ask you something?  Where are we?"
  "A room where my love and mercy never stops flowing.  You are in the Reconciliation Room.  Now allow the priest to absolve and bless you."

-Susan