Tuesday, December 5, 2017

When Angels Speak






  "Wake up!  Wake Up!  How can you sleep on such a glorious day?"
  As you roll over, a bright light hits your face. You instantly close your eyes, and bury your head under your pillow.  "Shut that light off, it's blinding me," you growl.
  "Oh, sorry.  I was just so excited!  She said 'Yes!'. She said 'Yes!'  All of heaven is talking about it!"
  "Who said yes?"
  "Mary, of course!  Mary said 'Yes!'
  "Mary, who?  What are we even talking about?"  Suddenly a stream of panic runs through you.  'Who are you even talking to and why are they in your room?  Oh my gosh, this is not good."  You begin to stress out as you think,  "Where did I leave my phone last night?  I'm going to need to call for help." Slowly you open your eyes and scan the nightstand for your phone.  "Great, it's not there."  Your heart starts racing as you realize that you will have to deal with this intruder yourself.  Swiftly you jump out of bed in an attempt to protect yourself and yell, "Who are you?  Why are you here?"
  The stranger seems a bit surprised by your abruptness.  "You don't recognize me?  I have been with you since birth.  I mean granted you have never physically seen me before, but isn't my presence at all familiar to you?"
  You sternly repeat your question, "Who are you?"
  "I am James, your guardian angel."
  "My guardian, what?"
  "Your guardian angel.  God has granted that I may be visible to you, in order to help you discover what is getting in the way of your love for the Almighty.  Have you not been praying to discover what is missing in your heart?  Well, I am here to help you."
  "You may think your funny, but I don't!  Get out of my house now or I will call the police!"
  "Please don't get angry. That is the exact opposite of how I wanted you to feel.  The long awaited Messiah is coming!  Praise God! Praise God!!  You spend such little time doing that.  I find that so odd.  I sing praise to Him constantly!  Why don't you?" As James spoke the word "you" he disappeared.  His words, however, lingered for a long time in your mind.
  You stand there confused, trying to remember everything James had spoken.  "Was I still dreaming or did that just really happen?" you ask yourself.  Surprisingly, you dismiss that question and ask yourself instead, "When was the last time I really praised God?"

(to be continued....)

-Susan