Friday, December 8, 2017

Feast of the Immaculate Conception of Mary



  As I sat down to write this post I wondered, "How can anyone use mere words to describe the grace of God?  Are words ever adequate   to illuminate the beauty of God's love?"  Probably not.  I wonder what words heaven uses to express God's amazing generosity and bountiful love?  Since I am just a simple person, I have decided to keep things simple today.  This is how I would describe the beauty of today's feast.
  From the very moment of Mary's existence, God looked at Mary and said, "My dear child, I love you immensely."  Mary didn't let these words lie dormant in her heart.  No,  God's words echoed in every beat of her heart.  Mary, in turn, spent the rest of her life responding with the words "I love you, too!"  
  This is a love story that began some two thousand years ago, and continues today.  How honored are we to witness such love.  How beautiful is a soul without sin.  I hope you allow the mystery of this love story to inspire you as you consider your own love story with God.  Have a blessed day!

-Susan