Monday, December 11, 2017

When Angels Speak (part 2)

(When Angels Speak began on blog post 12-5-17)


    "When was the last time I really praised God?"  That's a good question.  You begin to search your memory as you allow yourself to crawl back into bed and under your nice warm blanket.  You close your eyes and continue thinking.  "What exactly does that even mean?  I say my prayers every night.  I mean I don't get excited about them, but I say them.  Hmmm. . .  . I wonder why I don't get excited?"  As you ponder this last thought you drift off to sleep.
  Thirty minutes later you hear your alarm go off.  You reach over and hit the snooze button allowing yourself another 5 minutes of rest.  "Wow, what a crazy dream I had last night.  Since when do I dream about angels?  Wait,  what did he ask me? Something. . . about praying. . . no it was something else. . . . praising, that's right, praise God."  You smile as you crawl out of bed and head for the coffee maker.  "What did he say his name was?"
  "James.  My name is James."
  Your head spins around towards the kitchen table.  There he is just sitting at the table.  You shake your head attempting to wake yourself up.  "I must be sleep walking.."
  "You're not asleep.  We start every day this way with a cup of coffee.  You sit there, and I always sit over here.  The only difference is that today you can see me," said James.  "Praise God for His goodness!  Praise God the Almighty Father who loves each of His children and pours His blessings upon them!"  James smiles and begin to sing praises to God.
  You are absolutely amazed by James.  As he sings and praises God, you feel an energy fill the room.
  "That's not energy your feeling.  What you are feeling is the Presence of the Holy Sprit!  Open your heart and mind to Him!  Feel His Presence inside you!  Put down your defenses and let Him fill you with His love!"
  "James, I don't know how.."
  "You do.  Close your eyes and let your whole being be filled with His Holy Spirit!  Go ahead, you can do it!"

(to be continued...)


-Susan