Tuesday, December 19, 2017

When Angels Speak (part 4)

(When Angels Speak began on blog post 12-5-17).


  You nod your head yes and smile.  James looks so happy with your "yes".
  "Excellent.  I will need you to follow my instructions.  I am going to share with you some moments from the past.  God has granted me the privilege to share these with you.  Although it will feel like we have left this room, physically you will still be here.  Don't try to comprehend the physics that are about to occur.  It is beyond your comprehension.  Focus instead on what you will see.  Do you understand?"
  You feel butterflies in your stomach as you take in James instructions. An excited but nervous "Yes," escapes from your lips.
  James smiles and says, "Don't worry, I always take good care of you.  I want you to sit in this chair.  Now close your eyes and listen to my voice.  I am going to keep talking."  Next you feel James hand on your shoulder.  It feels powerfully strong, yet comforting at the same time.  A wave of peace comes over you, and you feel completely relaxed.  An instant later you feel a warm breeze blow through you.  Your heart feels as if has grown in size attempting to hold onto an incredible surge of love within you. 
  "Ok, you can open your eyes again," instructs James.
  As you open your eyes, you try to take in your surroundings.  You notice a woman praying in the corner of a small room.  The room has a dirt floor, very few furnishings, and absolutely no modern conveniences.  You look at James with confusion, but James is completely focused on this woman.
  "Just listen," says James.
   The woman speaks a different language, yet somehow you able to understand what she is saying.  "Do not  forsake me, O Lord; my God be not far from me!.....  Come quickly to help me, my Lord and my salvation...."  (She then begins to weep.)  "Listen to my prayer, Lord, hear my cry; do not be deaf to my weeping!...... Be gracious to me, Lord, for I am in distress.....my life is worn out by sorrow, and my years by sighing.  My strength fails in my affliction...my bones are wearing down....I hear the whispers of the crowd; terror are all around me.....But I trust in you, Lord; I say, 'You are my God.'..My destiny is in your hands.... (Again she begins to cry wiping the cascade of tears from her face.)....... Blessed  be the Lord, the God of Israel, from all eternity and forever."
  The woman is obviously distraught.  Your heart is moved by her deep sadness. James quietly reveals, "She is praying from the book of Psalms.  She has been praying like this for 10 years now."
  "Ten years!  Why does God not answer her prayer?" 
  "Oh, He will, but not now.  In seven more years, her prayer will be answered."
  "Seven more years! Why so long?  Is she a sinful person?  Has she angered God?"
  "Definitely not.  God is very pleased with her," answers James.  "She is faithful, loving, and kind."
  Bewildered you ask, "Why doesn't God answer her prayer then?"
  "It is not the right time.  Mankind has such difficulty being patient.  Many turn their backs on God and walk away because they do not understand or trust in His timing."
  "Does this woman walk away?"
  "No.  This woman has placed all her trust in God.  She remains faithful even when it appears that the answer to her prayer is 'no'."
  "Wow, that's a long time to wait for a prayer to be answered."
  James smiles and says, "Perhaps.....but God's response to her prayer is amazing!  Do you know who this woman is?"
  "No."
  "Her name is Elizabeth.  She will be the mother of John the Baptist, the messenger who prepares the way for the Messiah!  Not only will she be blessed with a child, but the Holy Spirit will reveal to her Jesus' Presence in the womb of His holy mother, Mary!  She will be filled with incredible joy when Mary comes to visit her!  Her prayer will be answered at the exact right moment in time!  Together, Mary, Elizabeth, and their unborn sons, will praise and rejoice in God's goodness! The answer to Elizabeth's prayer goes beyond anything she could have ever imagined. Her present sorrow will be turned to jubilation. Can you guess why God wished to share this moment with you?"

(to be continued.....)

-Susan