Friday, December 22, 2017

When Angels Speak (part 5)

When Angels Speak begins on blog post 12-5-17.


  "I'm not really sure," you answer.
  "You, too, must trust that God knows what is good for you.  I wonder why so many have such difficulty trusting God?  His love is so much greater than you realize.  Remember, your sorrow can be turned to joy as well.....Now close your eyes again.  I would like to share another moment with you."
  Eager to feel that surge of love again, you close your eyes and feel James place his hand on your shoulder.  Your heart expands with peace and love, and with each breath, you can feel your lungs expanding with joy.  The feeling is incredible!  It feels as if you are being drawn closer to heaven with each breath.
  James voice interrupts your thoughts, "Okay, you can open your eyes again."
  As you open your eyes, you appear to be just inside a courtyard attached to a simple house.  You notice a man pacing back and forth.  Every few steps he stops momentarily to drag his hands through his dark, curly brown hair.  He stands their as if he is holding his head from the exploding thoughts inside.  Suddenly, he just falls to his knees.  He looks completely distraught.  He folds his hands in prayer and buries his head behind his clasped hands.
  His body is trembling as he prays, "I will trust in you, my Lord.  I do not rely on my own intelligence..... My Lord, my heart is deeply troubled.  I beg you to instruct me.... I do not wish to stumble.  I am all but ruined.....  I feel betrayed.....  I do not understand what my own eyes can see. ... I know the law..... but I can not bring harm to the one I love.... Lord, allow me to act discreetly.... I place all my trust in you.... Guide my thoughts.... Speak, Lord, your servant is listening..... Let me hear in your mercy, for in you I trust..... Show me the path I should walk, for I entrust my life to you....  Let your Spirit guide me.... guide me with Your Wisdom...."  Next, you notice the man stretch out his arms and hands on the ground as his body continues to tremble.
  You look at James and ask, "What has happened to this poor man?"
  "He has discovered his betrothed is pregnant....the child she carries is not his.  This holy man relies not on his own understanding, but trusts completely in God's Holy Spirit to guide him.  Praying to the Holy Spirit to aid you in your decision making opens your heart to God's Will.  This holy man is Joseph.  Joseph understands that he needs the grace of God to get through this most difficult moment.  Notice that he does not allow his own personal pride and confusion to interfere with God's Will for his life.  He remains open to God's desires.  Often people pray for God's help, but at the same time continue to hold on tightly to their own pride with both hands.  Sadly, those are the people that sink into despair, because their hands are too full to grab a hold of God's outstretched hand.  God prepares and delivers special graces to those who are hurting.  A holy person, like Joseph, will desire the grace of God over their injured pride.  God can work incredible miracles when you allow Him.  No one can argue how deep Joseph's pain is right now, but God has a plan that is about to change everything.  This pain will soon become overwhelming joy.  Mary and Joseph shall aid in bringing the Messiah into the world! 
  God has allowed me to share one more moment with you.  Are you ready?"

(to be continued...)

-Susan