Monday, April 3, 2017

Signs of New Life



  As I looked around my yard this weekend I could see signs of new life coming from the garden.  Seeing these new budding plants made me smile, but as I got closer, I noticed some left over leaves from Fall were laying heavily on the new plants.  I decided to grab my rake and gently pull the leaves out of the garden, so these new plants would a chance to bathe in the sun and grow stronger.  This got me thinking.....
  Have you taken a close look at your heart since Lent has begun?  Have you seen any signs of new life growing within?  Lent has been calling us to change--to grow closer to Christ--to bathe in His Light.  Are there any new areas of growth in your faith life?  Now would be a good time to take a close look and notice if there are any old bad habits still hanging around and blocking this new growth from growing in the Son's Light.  Sometimes it's difficult to stop these bad habits from blowing back into your life and preventing further progress.  Gently remove these obstacles so as not to damage the new growth.  Let the roots of your faith grow deeper in prayer and generosity.  In these last days of Lent it would be a good idea to enrich our hearts with humility, patience, and a desire for holiness.  I wonder if when God was walking around this weekend He noticed our new signs of life, and it made Him smile? 

-Susan