Saturday, April 22, 2017

Divine Mercy Sunday



   How beautiful it is to continue celebrating the Easter season with the celebration of Divine Mercy Sunday.  Jesus told St. Faustina that the blood and water that flowed forth when His Sacred Heart are represented by a pale and red ray. "These two rays issued forth from the depths of My tender mercy when my agonized Heart was opened by a lance on the Cross."  Jesus encourages us to "dwell in the shelter" of these two rays. I would like to suggest that everyone  have a Divine Mercy Image of Jesus in their homes so that we all may receive the abundant graces Jesus desires to grant us.
  I get excited whenever I think of the feast of Divine Mercy.  After Jesus conquers sin and death so that we may enjoy Eternal Life with Him, He continues to demonstrate His great love for each of us by showering us with His Mercy.  Listen to these beautiful words Jesus uses when talking with St. Faustina about The Feast of Divine Mercy:
   I pour out a whole ocean of graces upon those souls who
   approach the fount of My mercy.

   On that day are opened all the divine floodgates through
   which graces flow.

  My mercy is so great that no mind, be it of man or angel, 
  will be able to fathom it throughout all eternity.

   Mankind will not have peace until it turns to the 
   Fount of My Mercy.

  I would like to encourage everyone to bask in God's amazing love.  Let His Divine Mercy fill your very being and then share this with the rest of the world.  Have a blessed day everyone!

-Susan

(quotes were from the "Diary: Divine Mercy in My Soul" by St. Faustina.)