Thursday, April 20, 2017

Flying High


  A few weeks past we were at our family rosary party.  My niece told us that every time her one year old son saw a crucifix, he would fly it around the room like an airplane.  My daughter laughed and said, "I wouldn't worry about it, maybe he's just saying 'Jesus is my pilot!"
  I wonder if all of us could say the same?  Do we let Jesus be the one to decide the direction we should be going in life?  Or do we put Jesus more in the role of a flight attendant-someone we talk to when we need help or assistance?  I wonder why it is so difficult for us to trust what God has planned for us?  Or why we second guess His whole idea about loving one another?  If we all want to get to heaven wouldn't it make sense to follow the one person who has been to heaven and back?
  I think that one year old little boy was the smartest one in the room.  He didn't think twice about who should be steering the plane, he was just happy to be enjoying life. Perhaps that is why Jesus said,  “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." 

-Susan