Friday, September 16, 2016

Out of the Mouth of Babes

  I would like to share a conversation I had with my youngest daughter.  I told her I needed to write a post for the blog, and I asked her, "What do you think I should write about?"
  She thought for a minute as she wiggled her loose tooth and said, "I think you should write about how faith can be like a loose tooth."
  "Really?  How so?"  I asked.
  "Well you know how sometimes people can lose their faith?  Even though they think they lost it, it's not really gone.  They just need to wait for their adult faith to grow up and break through the surface.  Do you think that's a good idea?"
  "You know, I think that's a great idea.  You are so smart."



   I guess we all have moments when we wonder if God is listening because He hasn't answered our prayers the way we would desire.  There comes a time when we have to just trust God and let go of this immature or "baby faith".  We may experience a time of loss or feel like something is missing.  It is sometimes during these moments of doubt and confusion that God is actually calling us closer to Him.  Our faith needs to trust in God's timing and in God's Will.  When we abandon ourselves to His Will,  God, Himself, will come fill the emptiness and nurture our faith to grow stronger and more mature.  It may take a while before we feel like smiling again, but when we do, our new stronger faith will shine brightly for all to see.

Susan & Maria