Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Is This Microphone Working?



  Have you ever arrived early to an event and observed the sound techs setting up the microphones and say, "Test one, two.  Test one, two." 
   Have you ever wondered how many times God may have said that to each of us?   "Test one, two.  Hello?  Can you hear Me out there?"
  The best mic in the world is useless unless it is properly plugged into a good receiver.  I wonder if the ears on our head were for listening to the world, but the ears of our heart were for listening to the voice of God.  Perhaps it would do us good to spend less time listening with our physical ears and find a place of peace and quietness, so that our spiritual ears would  prompt our lips to say, "The sound of your voice is sweet and clear, My Lord.  I am listening.  Please fill me with Your words.  Let your thoughts echo in my heart and reverberate in my mind. Let the melody of your words be the song of my life." 
 
-Susan