Saturday, May 7, 2016

Did You Get the Job Done?




    I often feel like I have so many things to do and not enough time to do them.  Sometimes I have to leave my children notes to take care of a few small things while I'm running around doing the necessary errands.  The notes usually include the jobs they know they have to do, but would rather avoid.  When I get home I always ask, "Did you get your jobs done?"  I wish I could say the answer was always "Yes", but that often is not the case.  Instead I will hear  excuses such as: "It's not my job."   "I did it last time." "I think somebody else should take care of it."  "It's not my mess so why should I have to clean it up?", etc. etc



  Before Jesus' Ascension into Heaven,  He gave us, His disciples, some very important last minute instructions.  Jesus has a job for each of us.  He said we would receive the power of the Holy Spirit and then we are to be witnesses to His life and teachings.  So, if Jesus came to your house and asked, "Did you get the job done?", what would your answer be?  Would you answer with a definite "Yes" or would there be a long explanation of why you didn't?


  Perhaps this would be a good time to slow down our hectic lives, put away all our excuses and ask the Holy Spirit to help us be better 
disciples of Christ.  Pentecost is just a week away.  Go find your own "Upper Room" and pray for a new awakening to the Holy
Spirit's Presence in your life.  Let us all individually pray that the Holy Spirit transforms each of us into powerful witnesses to Christ.  Then on Pentecost let's all come together and "renew the face of the earth" and share the gospel with others.
  Who's with me?

-Susan