Thursday, May 5, 2016

Coloring With God


  Five year old Emily came over and sat on God's lap.  She had a coloring book and crayons with her.  She looked up at God and said, "God, do you want to color with me?"
  God gave Emily a big smile and answered, "Yes, child, I would love too!"
  Emily was very excited.  She could only imagine how beautiful her new coloring book would be if God colored one of the pages. This would be the best coloring book she ever owned and she imagined how she would take it to school and show all her friends. Emily carefully looked through her book and picked a page that contained two large Valentine hearts.  She thought this page would please God.  She carefully began to color her heart page first.  She tried very hard to stay in the lines so it would look pretty to God.  She wanted God to be proud of her.  
  She was almost done when she looked with anticipation at God.  "Aren't you going to color your page?" she asked.
  "Of course I am." He replied.
  Emily watched as God picked out several different crayons.  He held them all at once and then colored over the entire page.  Emily looked at the scribbling and was very disappointed.  She looked at God and said, "You are not very good at staying in the lines."
  God laughed and said, "You're right.  When it comes to love,  I can not contain myself to boundaries.  I desire to spread my love over everything!"
  Emily smiled, kissed God on the cheek, and then began scribbling all over her page as well.  When she was done she looked back at God and said, "Look I want to be just like you.  I'm not going to let any lines hold back my love either!"


--Susan