Saturday, January 30, 2016

The Power of Love

  I rediscovered this quote from Pope Benedict XVI.  I had wrote it down in a notebook a few years ago.  When I came across it again it made me smile, so I thought I would share it with you.
                                Let us bear witness
                                     to our faith in such a way
                            that it shines forth as the power of love
                                 "So that the world may believe."

 Love is most powerful when it is given freely, without limitations
or expectations.  Love encourages us to make sacrifices for the purpose of enriching someone else's life.  Jesus showed us what love is. Love is to offer our friendship to those who are lonely. Love is to heal and care for those around us that are suffering.  Love is to offer help without judging and to extend forgiveness even when it hurts.  Love is to completely empty ourselves so that God can completely fill us and change the world.


























     The light of God's love must penetrate every cell in our body, so that our bodies and minds always move in the direction of His goodness.  Acts of love can come in all different sizes and styles.  This weekend rediscover the power of love in your faith and commit to one act of love.  Whether it is noticed or not, I'm sure it will make Jesus smile.

-Susan