Sunday, January 3, 2016

Feast of the Epiphany

  The Magi followed a sign- a star which led them to the newborn king of the Jews.  How was it that the Magi were able to recognize Jesus as the newborn king?  What did the Magi see that convinced them?  I wonder if the Magi began by following the wondrous star, but continued the journey because they were drawn to the Light- the Light of Christ.  During His preaching Jesus said. "I am the Light of the world, he who follows Me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."  They recognized Jesus because they saw His Light,  and they reverently bowed down and adored Him.  I hope this is what heaven is like.  I hope that followers from all nations will bask in the light of Christ and reverently bow down and praise Him.  I hope that at the end of my journey, I will be as fortunate as the Magi.  I hope to lay my humble gifts before Christ and praise Him! 





-Susan