Wednesday, November 11, 2015

My Confirmation -Guest Writer Theresa

Yesterday was the big day, I finally made my Confirmation!!!
I have been waiting for my Confirmation my whole Catholic life, and now that I have finally made it, I feel like I am truly in charge of my faith, and the possibilities are endless.

When I walked into the church yesterday I remember being so nervous. I looked around at my peers and I saw how nervous they were, too. We were all dressed to impress and eager to get into the worship space to begin mass.  When mass did get started, I felt as if nothing else in the world mattered at the moment, and I think my fellow candidates felt the same way. It didn't matter what happened at school that day, what we were wearing, or anything else- we were all about to receive the Holy Spirit, and we were as excited and eager as ever. The mass went by surprisingly quickly,  but I made sure to soak in every word and every song.  When the Bishop anointed me with chrism on my head, I took a deep breathe in and realized that today was the first day of my adult Catholic life and I was excited as ever. After the inspiring service, I was overwhelmed with happiness for the rest of the night. I was truly an amazing day.

I would like to take a minute to give some thanks where thanks is due. First off, I would like to thank my Mom, Susan.  She has always inspired me to be a better Catholic through all the years she has taught me catechism, in writing this blog together, and all the in-depth talks we have had about our faith. I would would also like to thank my sponsor, Brandy, for helping me through this whole process and being an amazing sister. And last but not least, I would most definitely like to thank all of you. This blog stated out as a random crazy thought during the summer, but has turned into so much more. I would like to thank you for following my Confirmation journey, and I am very excited for what is to come with the future of this blog.  Please stay tuned in, My Confirmation was not the end but only the beginning!

God bless,
Theresa


Follow my blog with Bloglovin