Saturday, October 31, 2015

Vacationing with God #4- Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels; LosAngels, California


       Right in the middle of downtown LA is the amazing Cathedral Of Our Lady of the Angels.  The modern architecture of this cathedral beckons you to step inside and escape from the business of the city. The cathedral is a work of art filled with beautiful works of art creating an atmosphere of wonder and awe for God.  

  One of my favorite parts of the cathedral were the beautiful tapestries.   I absolutely loved the Communion of Saints tapestries that adorned both sides of the nave. Twenty five of these fresco tapestries bring 135 different saints to life. It is incredible to look at the faces and names of all these holy men, woman, and children. It makes you feel as if you are catching a glimpse of the faithful in heaven as they pray and intercede for us here on earth.  I couldn't help but hum the infamous tune "When the Saints Go Marching In".  Standing there, I desperately wanted to march into heaven with them.  Yes, the calling of all of us to be saints could be heard and felt as one walks down the aisles.  As I knelt down and prayed, I thanked God for these amazing witnesses to the faith and I begged Him to create in me the desire and courage to follow in their footsteps. 

  
  
                                                                                                      Tomorrow is All Saints Day.  Don't forget to thank those who have spiritually helped you along your journey. 



--Susan