Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Who's Hungry?



  "Mom, are you almost home?  We're all starving over here."
  "I know. I'm hungry too. I have dinner and I'll be home soon. Tell everyone to get ready."  Ten minutes later Jodie pulled into the driveway and then hopped out with a large carryout bag.  She walked inside her house to find her family anxiously waiting around the table.  "Who's hungry?" she asked.
  "Which one is mine?" asked her son Jonathan.
  "They're all marked.  Just give me a second to sort through it," said Jodie.  "Ok, who ordered the gospel narratives?"
  "That's mine," said Tabatha.
  "I have a Rosary that is a little pink in the middle."
  "Oh, that would be for me," said Taylor.
  "Here's a CRS rice bowl."
  Jonathan smiled and said, "Toss it this way, Mom."
  "This one says Soup Kitchen Volunteer Form."
  "Thanks, honey, that's for me."
  Jodie unwrapped the last order which was hers--a book entitled Meditations Before the Blessed Sacrament. Jodie sat down and was pleased with herself.  It's not always easy to feed the whole family, but she felt pretty good about this meal.  Everyone's spiritual hunger was being fed.  For a moment, she wondered what the other mothers were serving this Lent. She could always use a few more good dinner ideas.

-Susan