Monday, February 26, 2018

Follow His Heart


  As I was driving I saw a large heart with the words "Follow Your Heart". The sign was very cute, but I wondered if there wasn't a better message for everyone.  I would guess most days we tend to follow our own hearts.  We tend to "treat" ourselves or buy things that make us happy. We spend time with people that make us laugh or feel good about ourselves.  I think many of us have a good idea how to amuse ourselves when we have some down time.  However,  I wondered...... wouldn't it be wiser to follow Jesus' Sacred Heart? 
  When was the last time you searched for the heart of Jesus? Is His heart close to your own?  How much distance separates the two? Have you ever began the day asking Jesus, "What would make Your heart happy today?"  
  In order to follow the Heart of Jesus we must spend quiet moments in prayer. Perhaps we should decrease the amount of time we spend entertaining ourselves, and instead spend those moments enriching ourselves with His Presence. Let the rhythm of your life match the beat of His Heart.  The secret to being a good follower resides in trusting the path of the One who is leading.

-Susan