Tuesday, February 13, 2018

More Than Anything (Part 3)

(More Than Anything began on post 2-6-18.)


  Ezra sat very still for a few minutes wondering which to choose.  It was always so easy to just feel sorry for himself.  He never seriously considered that God still had a plan for his life.  How was he going to be able to do God's Will with this stupid twisted foot?  Couldn't he do more with a foot that was healed?  Ezra closed his eyes and took in a deep breath. As he exhaled, He felt a tear roll down his face and then a small voice came from deep inside.  He trembled as he said, "I would like God to chose which is best for me."
  Jesus smiled as He wrapped His arms around Ezra.  "Ezra, your faith and trust in God has healed you!"  
  As Jesus spoke, Ezra felt a powerful surge of love permeate his whole body.  It was an amazing feeling beyond description.  He was loved!  He was truly loved by God!  How had he lived without realizing this?  At that moment, Ezra let go of all his past anger, so that his arms could embrace Jesus as well. "Thank you for finding me!  Thank you for healing me!  I will spend the rest of my life praising God!"
  Jesus smiled and said, "May you always be filled with His peace and trust in His mercy."
  "Jesus, if you would allow, I would like to follow you for the rest of my days.  I have so much to learn.  When I heard you teaching today, I felt a fire within me. I can't explain it, but I know I want to love the Father more than anything."
  "Then come, follow me."
  Ezra couldn't help but cry out, "Praise be to the Lord, the God of Israel, who has sent you today to meet me!" As Ezra took his first step following Jesus, he realized his whole life was about to change.  He looked down at his foot and smiled.  If it wasn't for his foot, he may have spent his whole life following the crowd.  Now he was going to spend his life following Jesus!  He wondered how he ever got so lucky as to be blessed with a twisted foot! 

-Susan