Friday, February 9, 2018

More Than Anything (part 2)

(More Than Anything began on post 2-6-18).


  Sheepishly, Ezra stood up from behind the rock and cautiously limped towards Jesus. "Rabbi, I am sorry to have disturbed your prayers.  But please, tell me how you knew my name?"
  Jesus walked towards Ezra, "The Father knows the name and heart of each of His children.  He asked me to seek you out."
  "You were looking for me?" Ezra was astonished.  "I thought I had found you!"
  Jesus smiled, "I hope we are both right.  I saw you leave the crowd and make your journey back to your home.  I knew a shortcut, and I thought our paths would intersect here."
  "But how could you have known?  I was walking aimlessly-thinking about your words today.  This is not even my usual path."
  "Ezra, I have come to seek the lost.  I want everyone to know of the Father's love.  I have come to heal those in need.  Would you like to be healed?"
  "Rabbi, yes I desire to be healed!" exclaimed Ezra.  "My foot keeps me from living a good life."
  "Ezra, it is not your foot that holds you back,  It is your anger and lack of trust in God that is holding you back."
  Desperate to be healed Ezra said, "I don't understand.  My foot prevents me from doing so many things.  If my foot was healed, I could walk like all the others do.  I could be happy!"
  "Ezra, the Father does not wish for you to walk among the crowds.  He wants you to stand out and reflect His love to others."  Jesus bent down and looked at Ezra's foot.  "Ezra there are days when you are filled with anger, and blame God for your injury.  Your foot was never a punishment. it was an unfortunate accident.  Often you doubt that God loves you, isn't that right?"
  From somewhere deep within himself Ezra let the word escape. "Yes."
  "Ezra, God loves you with a love that is stronger than you could ever imagine.  I could heal your foot and you could walk like everyone else, or I heal the pain and anger in your heart which prevents you from trusting in God's Plan for your life. Which would you desire?"
  Ezra looked at his foot and then at Jesus.  Ezra wanted his foot healed.  For years he had dreamed of walking like others.  With one hand he touched his foot, and then he placed his other hand on his heart.  Ezra began to wonder which was more broken.

(to be continued....)