Monday, September 11, 2017

It's time to Break the Glass


  I have been thinking  about this passage a lot lately.  I have been wondering if I really live as though the power of Christ dwells in me.  Unfortunately, the biggest obstacle that blocks the power of the Holy Spirit is ......me.  I make up excuses....if only I had more time....more resources.....more talent....more opportunity-- I could do so much more.  I have discovered that I am much better at making excuses than I am in exploring the living, powerful, mysterious Presence of the One who dwells in me.  I feel that I have only scratched the surface, but it is time to break the glass and allow God's Spirit to do more in my life.  I no longer wished to be controlled by what I perceive to be my limitations.  God lives in me,  and I need to stop limiting His power by my weaknesses.  I need to hand my small thoughts and actions to God and let His powerful Spirit take over.  Dwelling with the Spirit is so much more than I ever realized!

-Susan