Friday, September 22, 2017

Correcting Our Vision


  Unfortunately, we all make mistakes.  At times our vision is a little blurry.  We may fail to notice the warning signs, or we choose the easy path instead of the right path. Lies can get us into a slippery situation and before we know it, we are in a bad place.

This is how the world handles mistakes:
  "Hello?  I've been in a car accident and I will have to file a claim."
  " I will need your policy number and can you tell me what happened so I can determine who's fault it was?
  "Ok, so this is what happened......."
  "Well that was totally your fault."
  "I am aware."
  "I'm going to have to send out an adjuster to determine just how much damage you have done."
  " Is this going to cause my rates to increase?"
  "Yes.  This was your fault."

This is how God handles mistakes:
  "Father, I have sinned."
  "Child, I absolve you of all your sins.  Now go and sin no more."

  I was thinking about how fortunate we are to have a merciful Lord who forgives our accidents.  He doesn't make us pay for our mistakes, even though He knows the damage we have done. He looks at us with loving eyes and pulls us close to His heart.  He whispers "I forgive you" and strengthens us with His blessings.  He wipes the slate clean and allows us a fresh start.  God is so amazing and so generous, I'm confused why anyone would avoid going to Reconciliation.  If it's been a while for you, consider stopping by God's house this weekend.  He never closes the door to forgiveness.

-Susan