Monday, September 4, 2017

Fresh Clean Start


  As my kids made plans to leave the house for a day of fun, my daughter announced, "Good luck at work today, Mom."
  Previously self absorbed in eating lunch my son exclaimed, "What?  You have work today?  Who's going to do my laundry?" 
  I shook my head and said, "Honey, you are perfectly capable of handling that yourself."
   Most of us would rather go have fun than clean up our messes. But I think it is a good idea for each of us to take an honest look at ourselves and decide what needs cleaning. Unfortunately, we all mess up from time to time, and we have to take responsibilty for own dirty laundry. It is best not to let some stains sink in too deep. Doing laundry is not that difficult.  We just simply have to put our heart into it. We are so fortunate that we have an all loving God who is always willing to cleanse us. Whether we find ourselves in hot water or distant cool waters, God gently removes our sins and gives us a fresh clean start.  All we need to do to start the cycle is say, "I'm sorry." It's just that easy.

-Susan