Monday, August 28, 2017

Mixing It Up


  This past weekend I hopped in the car ready for a little fun.  I had a two and half hour solo ride ahead of me and I was prepared.  I had my Diet Coke in one hand and some Christian CDs in the other, and I was ready to rock. I placed the first CD in the car stereo, turned up the volume, and sang my heart out to God as miles and miles of road became my personal stage of prayer!  
  Prayer doesn't always have to be quiet.  Some prayers are meant to be joyously shouted (or sung)!  I think mixing up your prayer routine keeps your prayer life exciting.  I mean let's face it, who loves variety more than the Creator.  He didn't make just one type of flower, or bird, or fish, or animal.  He spoiled us with hundreds and hundreds of different species in a multitude of sizes, shapes, and colors. God is amazing and He is always finding new ways to reveal Himself to us.  If we always said the same prayer, the same way, in the same place, we might miss out on a new perspective.  Take a chance and start up a completely new conversation with God and see where it takes you.  The road to heaven may be straight and narrow, but it is also filled with moments of joy, excitement, and discovery!

-Susan