Friday, August 4, 2017

I Got A Feeling...

   Did you ever have the feeling you should do something and you have no idea why?  I love when the Holy Spirit gently leads me in a certain direction and I am not even aware that it is happening.  This is exactly what occurred while I was on my vacation.
  We were supposed to be spending the entire day at the water park.  Where else would you want to be on a 106 degree day?  We were waiting in line to ride the Colossal Curl when a clap of thunder and lightening came out of nowhere.  Next we heard a voice over the speaker announcing that a severe storm was in the area and all the rides would be closed down.  I never saw a crowd of people empty a park so quickly.  We went back to our accommodations and waited for the storm to pass. However to our surprise, the skies turned blue again and so we made new plans to spend spend the evening at Busch Gardens.
  My children were very excited to ride the roller coasters, but after I rode the first one, I realized my body did not seem to like the thrill as much as I did when I was younger.  I encouraged my kids to go discover the next roller coaster with out me.  I told them I was happy to just walk around and snap some pictures.
  As I was walking around I noticed people walking into the outside concert area.   I didn't even see the sign who would be performing, but for some reason I thought I would just go in and check it out. As I sat and waited for the show to begin, I wondered if I should just get up and find my kids. I stood up to go when I had the feeling that maybe I should just stay.  I had no idea I was about to have an amazing experience!
  After a short wait, the performer took his place on stage. Christian rock singer Jeremy Camp took the stage. He put on an incredible show!  The crowd was completely energized with his music and moved with his own personal testimony between songs. I knew I was exactly where I was meant to be at that moment even though it was nothing I had even planned.  It was incredible to be among so many people (most of them much younger than myself) praising Jesus through song with the sights and sounds of roller coasters in the background.  It was a hand clapping, feet stomping, fist pumping energized group of people lifting their voices to Jesus!  I had a great time!  I left the concert so inspired and endlessly thanked the Holy Spirit for leading me here.
  I would definitely recommend listening to Jeremy Camps songs if you enjoy Christian rock.  I would like to share a short clip of his song "Only in You" from his concert.  I hope you enjoy!




-Susan