Monday, August 7, 2017

Mercy, Mary, and Me


  Theresa and I had a wonderful opportunity to enjoy a "Mercy and Mary Retreat" given by Father Michael Gaitley of the Marian Missionaries of Divine Mercy.  He enthusiastically encouraged all of  us to strive to become saints. We are living in a time when it is easier than ever to become a saint, because "It is the Time of Mercy!"
  Does Father Gaitley know some secret or short cut to sainthood?  He definitely knows a short cut, and he is not keeping it a secret. Consecrate your heart to Mary. "Mary, is the safest, easiest, shortest and most perfect way of approaching Jesus," according to St. Louis De Montfort.  Mary teaches us to trust in Jesus.  She directs our steps.  Trusting in Jesus and His merciful love will transform us into saints!
  I consecrated myself to Mary more than a decade ago.  Little by little, Mary brings me closer to the sacred heart of her Son. I have so much to learn, and I am relying on Mary to show me her ways.
  Father Gaitley has written several good books.  He has a gift for simplifying spiritual truths into small bite size pieces that are easy to digest.  All his books are wonderful but I would like to recommend starting with "33 Days to Morning Glory" or the "Second Greatest Story Ever Told".  Sainthood isn't just for a lucky few, sainthood is also being offered to you. This is an opportunity to wonderful to pass up.  We plan for so many things during our lifetime, be sure you are planning for eternity as well.

-Susan