Friday, June 3, 2016

This Is No Piece of Cake

  



 For all you who are waiting for Christianity to get easier before you join, I'm here to inform you-- it's not going to happen, but please join anyways.  Jesus and His message were counter cultural then and they still are today.  Listen to His words, "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me."  "Love your enemy and pray for those who persecute you." "If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also." "If you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."
  Let's face it, those are some pretty hard words to swallow.  Jesus makes it clear that we must either choose the ways of the world or the ways of the Father. You can't do both.  Christianity isn't a hobby, something you choose to do on a Sunday.  Christianity is a commitment of mind, body, and soul to God.  Are you totally committed?
  This world is temporary, but the Father is eternal.  The choice is up to you.  As for me, I am going to pick up my cross and fight the good fight, and continue walking the path to heaven.  I may stumble at times, I might get discouraged with disappointment, I may get tired and need to rest, but I'm not giving up.  Do you want to know why? No matter how difficult this path may be,  I have a Savior who walks alongside of me encouraging and strengthening me.  He is the best friend to have in your life and He has an amazing group of friends to hang out with.  Christianity may not be a piece of cake, but I understand the heavenly banquet is beyond words!

-Susan