Wednesday, June 1, 2016

I See You


 Pope Francis tweeted the following: 
  "It is essential that children see that prayer is something truly important for their parents."

  I think this simple sentence speaks volumes of wisdom.  The most important gift a parent can give their child is to encourage, teach, and share their faith with them.  I was very blessed to have my parents share their gift of faith with me.  It is my most treasured gift.  A gift that has affected everyday of my life and will carry me through to eternity.
  This month try to find a way to share prayer with your family.  Let someone know you are praying for them.  Ask one of your children if they would pray with you for a certain intention. Pray the Rosary together. As a family, walk through one of the Holy Doors of Mercy and then spend time in front of the Blessed Sacrament or attend mass.  Let your children (no matter their age) know how much you value your relationship with God, and make a point to share something you have discovered about God.  Your faith life should not be the family secret, instead let it be the burning candle that casts away fear and darkness and illuminates the face of Christ.
  Wouldn't it be awesome if your children easily recognized Christ when they reached heaven, because He was the friend they always saw beside you.  Just saying.

-Susan