Friday, June 24, 2016

The Journey of a Lifetime


  Theresa and I have spent the last whole week teaching a group of students who are beginning their Confirmation journey. I thought this might be a good time for all of us to reflect on our own Confirmation journey.  How has the Holy Spirit been active in your life?  If you were asked to share one or two examples with someone, what would you say?
  My favorite piece of advice I like to share with my students is the importance of praying to the Holy Spirit. I'm sure I was taught this while I was preparing to make my Confirmation, but for whatever reason, I didn't put it into practice until I became an adult. And let me tell you, it was like turning on the floodlights.  It made a huge difference in my prayer life and my desire to share my faith with others.  
  In my opinion, the best way to journey through life is with the Holy Spirit!  Some call Him the Advocate,  the Comforter, Counselor- I call Him my Friend and Soul-Saver.

-Susan