Monday, December 31, 2018

A Very Special Bond


  I have had the wonderful opportunity to spend time with my family over this past week. I just love watching my little granddaughter coo and smile and laugh with my daughter.  The two of them are so in love and mesmerized by each other.  The bond between a mother and child is so very special.
  Observing my daughter and granddaughter got me thinking about Mary and baby Jesus. It must have been absolutely amazing for Joseph to watch Jesus and Mary smiling at each other.  I wonder what Mary would do or say to make baby Jesus smile or laugh?  
  I would like to suggest that we hang on to Christmas a little longer and spend some time with the Holy Family.  We don't have the distractions of presents, festivities, or traveling any more.  We can just sit down, quietly place ourselves inside the manger, and be mesmerized by the special bond between Mary and Jesus. I can't imagine a more peaceful or more beautiful place to be.  Enjoy spending time with the Mother of God and the Christ Child. I know I will.

-Susan