Monday, December 17, 2018

Do You Hear What I Hear?


  Christmas is nearly here.  Are you ready?  I was thinking about this the other day when my thoughts turned to Mary.  I wonder how Mary prepared for her Son's birthday every year?  Did she run around buying presents for everyone?  Did she look for matching Christmas pajamas for Joseph, Jesus, and herself? Most likely not.  
  I think Mary probably spent countless hours in prayer praising God for sending the Messiah.  I think that gazing upon the Son of God filled her completely with joy. I bet she wanted to spend the entire day just being near to Jesus.
  Perhaps should do our best to imitate Mary in this upcoming week.  We should just slow down and immerse ourselves in God's love.  Let us prepare to give Jesus the present He desires most-our hearts.  This week put down all your lists, and instead, just listen for the voice of Emmanuel.

-Susan